… why your cover letter is boring?
Imagine a beautician that wants to work in a beauty salon. Most of the cover letters are something like that:
I am writing to apply for the position of beautician in your company…”
So boring! Who wants to read that kind of cover letter?
I remember when my mom would get really annoyed with me for using up her best nails varnish, but I had no choice… my dolls had to have beautiful nails!
With time I left the dolls and began painting my friends nails at school. Before I knew it I was doing my neighbors nails too.
I’ve been following the news and updates your studio publishes on social media and could hardly believe my luck when I saw you were looking to recruit a new beautician.
I’m available to come and talk to you and to show you what I can bring to your studio to help you became the number one beauty salon in town.”
That is a cover letter with personality! 🙂
You should start with your own story, not with “Dear Sir”… Show passion!
Use and adapt one of these cover letter templates in Word…
I’ve created some cover letter templates that are fully editable and customisable in WORD.
See below some examples of cover letter templates:
- Cover letter with your personal contacts at the footer of the page
- Cover letter with information on the left side of the page:
- Cover letter with information at the top of the page:
More relevant articles:
- The best CV models fully editable in Word
- The secrets for an impressive resume (CV)
- Should you use the european CV model?
- What to put in your resumé if you don’t have professional experience?
- The worst email addresses on resumes
Take a look at this video during my Seminar: