In the book “How to find a job in 30 days”, I wrote a chapter about the list of questions that you should consider when you write your resumé (CV) and the cover letter.
This article complements the text of that chapter. I believe that this is the best way to help you!
Take a look at this video where I talk about the CV models:
These days it is easy to find fully editable and personalisable CV models in Word, so there is no excuse if you are still writing CVs which look as if they have been mass–produced and are one-size fits all.
Here are some of the best CV models, which you can adapt to suit your needs:
- CV model with a single page (without photo):
- CV model with a single page (with photo):
- CV model with two or more pages, highlighting the section “Experience”:
- CV model with two or more pages, highlighting the section “Education”:
- Infographic CV model with a single page:
- CV model with a single page:
- CV model with a single page and personalized font (colour):
- CV model with a single page and personalized font (monochromatic):
- CV model with two or more pages:
Banal cover letter (to be avoided!):
I am writing to apply for the position of beautician in your company…”
Captivating cover letter (to be adapted!):
I remember when my mum would get really annoyed with me for using up her best nail varnish, but I had no choice… my dolls had to have beautiful nails!
With time I left the dolls and began painting my friends’ nails at school. They said I was really good and so I got more and more into it – before I knew it I was doing my neighbours’ nails too. After each manicure, I would give them a relaxing massage using lovely creams and they would be in heaven, which made me happy too!
I enjoyed giving massages and doing people’s nails and the service soon became more than just a hobby and I began to see there was a future in it. And so I became a beautician. This meant I could learn and develop techniques for massages, facials, body and skin care, etc…
I have been following the news and updates your studio publishes on social media and could hardly believe my luck when I saw you were looking to recruit a new beautician.
I am available to come and talk to you and to show you what I can bring to your studio to help you become the number one beauty salon in town.”
I suggest that you use one of these fully editable and customisable cover letter templates (Word document):
- Minimalist cover letter with your personal contacts at the footer of the page:
- Cover letter with information on the left side of the page:
- Cover letter with information at the top of the page: