In the book “How to find a job in 30 days”, I wrote a chapter about how you should contact companies by email.
I suggest that you finish your cover letter with something like that:
“I’ll call next week to talk about this…”
You must be thinking: “Why should I write this? I won’t call companies!”
Believe in me… you need to call companies!
Let me give you an example:
If you want to buy a car, you go to a car dealer, choose the car, do a test drive, negotiate the price…
One week later, the dealer will call you: “Hi John, you still want the car?”
What is he doing? He’s doing the follow-up… because he wants to sell the car!
When you send your CV to a company, it’s the same thing!
You need to send your CV and do the folllow-up one week later.
Call companies to know:
- If they have received and analyzed your CV;
- If your CV met their expectations.
So, don’t forget to write “I’ll call next week to talk about this…” at the bottom of the email with your CV and cover letter because it will be usefull to “avoid the secretary on the phone” as I suggest in chapter 28 of the book. 🙂
Take a look at this video during my Seminar:
Use and adapt one of these cover letter templates in Word…
I’ve created some cover letter templates that are fully editable and customisable in WORD.
More relevant articles:
- The best CV models fully editable in Word
- The secrets for an impressive resume (CV)
- Should you use the european CV model?
- What to put in your resumé if you don’t have professional experience?
- The worst email addresses on resumes
- How to write a cover letter for a job application?